Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crafty times at home

Well, I've wanted a small garbage can for the coffee table for a long time. Nothing fancy and nothing food or wet going into it. Just papers wrapper etcetera dry stuff. 
Anyways, I find myself as of late, well always being quite the crafty soul. 

Here it is, I went with a comic theme for this one. 
I just googled comic collage and a nice selection popped up. I figure since it's just sitting on my coffee table I'm not worried about copy right. 
So what I did was just line a box with parchment paper, I figured its stain resistant and stick resistant. So should be able to just dump as needed. Though there is a small bag in it now, because I got one the perfect size. 
After I lined the box, I wrapped the box in white paper to cover the label up, really if you have some comics or use thicker paper for your "art work" then the white paper not needed. Anyways. So I printed out some cool collages off google. I then printed a random comic balloons and made borders for the main picture. Then glue the pictures on and finally wrap the entire thing in packing tape. That's right, just keep going round and round the box forming a single layer of tape to protect your collage. 
And there it is. How to make a mini garbage can for your coffee table. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment